Galatians 6:7-8 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
Ecc 5:18 Behold, what I have seen to be good and fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life that God has given him, for this is his lot.
Eph 6:10-18 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, …
There are 34 bible verses speaking upon the use of tobacco. I feel in my heart and soul that anything that God grows from the earth is okay for our body but not to overdue anything or any kind of food can cause problems to our health and our body.
Eph 5: 18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit…
Yes, I know that it also says, “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,” in 1 Corinthians 6:19.
The scriptures also says, “I am the Lord that healeth thee.”in (Ex. 15:26)
According to rival donations: “Reynold’s American Inc. gave over $2 million to Raise Your Hand for Kids, which is supporting the 60 Cent Cigarette Tax Increase Initiative. The drafters of this initiative wrote in a 67-cent-per-pack tax on small tobacco companies, raising the total state tax for smaller companies to $1.27 per pack. This added tax for small companies was designed to close an alleged loophole that allowed small companies to evade making payments to 46 states to help offset Medicaid costs. Missouri Attorney GeneralChris Koster had been pressuring the Missouri General Assembly to end this loophole and demand lost payments from small companies totally $50 million annually.“
I wrote about Gregoris Tsahas a while back, who had smoked a packet of cigarettes every day for 70 years In the hills of Ikaria, who had never known a day of illness in his life appendicitis, and he is over one hundred years of age. https://cultureandplacesboutiquetravel.wordpress.com/2015/03/08/well-being-secrets-of-the-hunza-people-by-valerie-cheers-brown/
I did a bit more researching to see what some states use the tobacco tax money for and places like Virginia goes toward Broadband Cable Networks, New Jersey uses taxes to go for helping with psychiatric care for prisoners, in Maine it goes toward dental care for medicaid dental services, Kentucky uses its tax dollars toward college scholarship funds and the list goes on and on of what states actually use those tax dollars for and they are very positive things being done with that money just like cigarettes are not the number killer and cause of cancer!
I don’t see the use of tobacco going away anytime too soon, do you?
Which is more important the countries health or the various organizations those tax dollars are actually being used for?
You have got to be kidding me if you think that they care about your health and if you do not, why should they?
So, even though society has you thinking that tobacco smoke is bad, the tax dollars are being used for good things it would seem at least if they are telling the truth and why would they lie?
I just think the truth needs to be told and some things just are not as they appear!
P.S. Take a look at the ” Death by Medicine” by Gary Null, Carolyn Dean, Martin Feldman, Debra Rasio, and Dorothy, all doctors pdf statistics of the number one cause of death which sometimes we don’t even know about because we bury our loved ones and the actual killing secret gets buried along with them in the ground. http://www.webdc.com/pdfs/deathbymedicine.pdf
- Missouri Secretary of State, “2016 Initiative Petitions Approved for Circulation in Missouri,” accessed December 18, 2015
- St. Louis Public Radio, “Signature gathering underway for plan to hike Missouri’s tobacco tax by 23 cents a pack,” December 18, 2015
- Missouri Secretary of State, “2016-079,” accessed December 18, 2015
- Missouri Secretary of State, “2016-080,” accessed December 18, 2015
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Kansas City Star, “Crazy conspiracy theory threatens to derail worthy bid to help children in Missouri,” February 9, 2016
- St. Louis Public Radio, “Tobacco companies bankrolling rival efforts to hike Missouri’s tobacco tax,” April 21, 2016
- The Kansas City Star, “Tobacco companies line up on both sides of Missouri tax debate,” January 3, 2016
- Kansas City Star, “Campaign to raise tobacco tax in Missouri caught in anti-abortion snag,” February 8, 2016
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, “New campaign to raise Missouri’s tobacco tax could fund transportation projects,” August 18, 2015
- The Fresno Bee, “Businessman challenges proposal for tobacco tax amendment,” January 15, 2016
- Missouri Times, “Health advocates object to tobacco tax increase proposals,” March 2, 2016
- [Phone interview on May 10, 2016 with Missouri Secretary of State’s office, conducted by Ballotpedia staff]
- United States Census Bureau, “QuickFacts Beta,” accessed March 24, 2015
- Missouri Secretary of State, “Election Results,” accessed April 17, 2015
- The American Presidency Project, “Presidential Elections Data,” accessed March 24, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, “Frequently Asked Questions,” accessed April 21, 2014